Okay...you're probably saying, "You, of all people, are not a simple woman!" My husband would agree! :) But, I do try to appreciate the simple things in life. While skimming through the blog-o-sphere yesterday, I came across a wonderful blog called "The Simple Woman" with a wonderful idea...simply enjoying and reflecting on the simple things in our life that we often take for granted! The concept of this is to start out your week reflecting and focusing yourself on the simple things, but I find I need regenerating mid-week, so I'll be surrounding myself with the "simple things" mid-week and hopefully these ideas will let me see God's blessings each day!
For today, Wednesday, October 15, 2008Outside my window... a beautiful sunrise, blue sky and green trees.
I am thinking... about my two older kids and their recent outbreak of headaches. I hope we can figure out what is triggering the headaches so we can avoid getting them, if possible.
I am thankful for... my family and friends that love me!
From the kitchen... homemade pancakes!
I am wearing... my comfy, cotton, light green PJs.
I am working on... or at least starting to think about Christmas gift ideas. I have hundreds of pictures that need scrapbooking, so I should be working on them!
I am reading... The Love Dare (from the movie Fireproof) with Dele. We each got a copy so we could read it and work on our marriage before, during and after his trip to Nigeria. A definite "must read" for any couple!
I pray... that my mom and Dick are safe on their road trip and that Dele has a safe trip to Africa.
I am hearing... the hum of the computer, the ticking of our clock, airplanes overhead, and the creaking of beds which means someone is waking up.
Around the house... lots of cups... somehow we always end up with lots of used cups sitting around!
One of my favorite things... chocolate!
A few plans for the rest of the week... today: Replace brakes on my car, Children's Night at church...choir and classes; tomorrow: Praise team rehearsal & my first Christmas rehearsal; Friday: Dele leaves for Nigeria for two weeks to see his family that he hasn't seen in three years; Weekend: no plans yet, other than church, maybe I'll take the kids to the farm to pick apples and pumpkins!
A picture thought I am sharing with you...

This picture was taken by my mom and her husband on their "Around the USA in 50 days" trip. How amazing to me that someone could ingenious the idea of carving a man and his horse out of the side of a mountain. This is only the beginning of "Crazy Horse," but how wonderful it is already!





No comments:
Post a Comment