Once the boys had their pumpkins, they couldn't wait to get home to carve them. I made them wait as long as I could... about 2 hours! (I did get a nap in that short time, though!) While I napped, the boys drew their pumpkin faces onto paper so we would know how to carve them. Sade couldn't wait to get her hands into the pumpkin. She loves the feel of the goop inside. The boys on the other hand, only wanted to use spoons! Sade and I convinced them that getting the inside clean is much easier when you use your hands! They ended up doing a pretty good job!
Once the pumpkins were clean, Ayodele drew his design on the pumpkin and decided to try out the pocket knife daddy gave him to cut the mouth out. The knife wasn't strong enough, so it cut his finger...not bad, just a little blood! Then he let me cut the rest of it! Kayode wanted circles and ears... not so easy with a knife and Sade didn't care!
Too cute and way too much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment