Today is Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for! I whined a little yesterday about not being with family today, but today ended up being a wonderful day!
I set my alarm so I could go out to pick up a newspaper. One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is looking through the ads to see if there are any deals I just have to go out to get tomorrow morning. So I went out, picked up my paper and some milk and came home and went back to bed. We stayed in bed until about 11am. WOW! What a treat!
Once we were up I made yummy Swedish Pancakes and bacon for breakfast. The kids and I downed a double batch. We haven't had them in what seems like forever, so it was a nice treat! Then I had the chance to peruse the ads.
The best part of the day, aside from being with Dele and the kids was talking to my extended family. I had the chance to wish most of my family a Happy Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk to my dad today, but I did talk to my great aunt, my grandma, my grandpa, two of my cousins and my mom. I guess if I can't be with them on this family holiday, at least I got to talk to them for a while.
Anyway... we ended up going to a friend of Dele's. It was wonderful. I haven't ever seen so much food at Thanksgiving! The variety of foods was incredible. There were two turkeys, ham, suya (Nigerian beef), chicken, agussi soup (also Nigerian), hot pepper & fish soup, mashed potatoes, yams, "chunkies" (pounded yam), stuffing, plantain, mac-n-cheese, lasagna, rice, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, drinks coming out of our ears and dessert to die for... frozen fruits, cheesecake, pumpkin pie, apple-pecan pie and chocolate dipped oreo balls. There were about 30 people there and they were all very friendly and easy to talk to. It was the next best thing to being with family. Before we left, we all sat down and watched "Hancock" together. It was too funny... when the movie was over everyone started standing up to leave, just like in the movie theatres... then there was another little part, so everyone stopped to watch. Anyway... we had a great thanksgiving.
I'm up really late as I finish perusing the ads and figuring out where to go. My plan is Walmart since there ad said they'd match any competitors ad, then I don't have to go all over the place. Hopefully they'll be true to their word. 4:15 is going to come awfully early! :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment