Friday, September 26, 2008

UGH!

So, I picked up Ayodele and Sade from school today and when I got home I parked in the front of our complex since I had to leave right away to get to Derek's football game! I ran into the house with the kids, picked up my music for rehearsal, got some water - much needed to watch a football game when it's 98 degrees outside, grabbed the video camera and showed Sade what was for dinner. I strolled out to the car, got comfy and BAM.... my car would not start! UGH!!! Thank goodness for AAA... they came in less than 30 minutes & got me started right away and off I went to good-ole Walmart to buy a new battery. Once they were done, I had to get off to rehearsal for Sunday's service. Unfortunately, I didn't get to Derek's game. When I talked to him after rehearsal, he didn't seem to mind that I didn't make it... he was more excited that they won big 32-14. I also found out that I wouldn't have seen him play anyway since the team was mostly on the offensive. He played the last 8 minutes. Then I felt a little better! I hate not being where I say I'm going to be... even when it's out of my control! There are a few good things about the battery dying when it did: 1) I was at home, 2) I didn't have a car full of girls - Friday night is Sade's B-day and we're all going to the mall for a scavenger hunt & 3) I was alone, 4) it wasn't dark, and 5) I didn't miss Derek playing football! I thank God for watching out for me!

No comments: