His birthday was quite eventful! Friday night he and several friends went to the local Italian food festival and rode carnival rides until 11pm. They had a terrific time! Then, Saturday, I took him and 3 friends to a huge skatepark in Henderson... they skated for about 2 hours before pizza showed up. After eating, they skated another hour before we left and I dropped them off at their "home" skatepark, "Breeze."
Today, Derek slept in, opened his cards in bed and when we got home from church, he got a ride back to Breeze so he could skate again. He arrived home at 6pm on the dot (like I asked) and then we ate dinner. He requested home made chicken noodle soup. Thank goodness... since I'm sick, it tasted so good! :)
Around 7pm we sang "Happy Birthday" and ate birthday cake! Again... I can't believe he's 15! He was so cute putting his candles on the cake and lighting the candles... I had to help him with the lighting... he started to burn himself... I guess they'll always need their mom!
I love you, Derek! Happy Birthday!





No comments:
Post a Comment