Isn't spending time together and having fun one of the greatest parts of Christmas? Dele brought home this huge box yesterday to which I instantly took a great disliking to! I knew it was for the boys to play in, but it's so big and our house is so small! But Dele convinced me to keep it for a while anyway... then the light bulb went on! Wouldn't it be fun to paint it together and make it into a Christmas House? One complete with a tree, wreath, lights and Christmas Welcome?
Dele got the paints and paint brushes out for Kayode and I and the painting began! How fun! Kayode and I painted the whole house. While Dele and Kayode were off picking up Ayodele from school, I added the tree and spray painted the light strands... When Ayodele got home from school the two boys painted the lights, alternating red and green (-ish). We finished the house off by adding a wreath and Kayode wanted the door painted blue (-ish). The boys love their house! When I mentioned painting the box, Kayode said, "No Way! You're not ruining my house!" But by the time he was painting on the last of the lights, he turned to me and said, "You were right, mom! This house is AWESOME!"
Here is the tree... I noticed it's just kind of floating in mid-air... but that's okay... just pretend there's snow up to the bottom of it! :) Kayode is in the house now... Dele and I added a light to the inside of the box today so now they can see what they're doing!
The boys can now "Welcome Christmas" in their new home and have somewhere special to play!





No comments:
Post a Comment