Kayode and I put up our Nativity the other day. He was so excited when he found Baby Jesus and the Angel. He wanted to make sure and place them just so. I love this set... it's by Fisher Price and the kids can play with it and not hurt it! I always wanted to change our Nativity growing up, but it was made of ceramic and we didn't want it to get broken, so we weren't allowed to play with it. With this Nativity, the kids can retell the story time and time again...
Then I wonder... What would it have been like to have been Jesus' mother? I can't fathom what Mary must have gone through! Did she truly understand the magnitude of what she was doing?... That she would be the one who brought our Savior into the world? Raising children is challenging enough, but I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to raise the world's one true "Super Hero." 
How lucky we are to live in a country where we can worship Him freely! I thank God for our gifts and blessings of family, friendship, food & water, clothing, our health and so much more! This song, "Mary, Did you Know?" is one of my favorites. We're singing it next weekend at our Church Cantata. It is truly beautiful, and makes me wonder... did she really know the extent of His importance to the World?





1 comment:
Very cute nativity!! I love the Nativity, and have a few of them including a Veggie Tales one that the kids love being able to play with.
Post a Comment