So my hubby had the brilliant idea to go Salmon fishing. He heard that the Salmon were jumping out of the nearby rivers. So we dug out our fishing poles, organized the tackle box, grabbed the chairs, shoved the cooler in the car, then loaded all of the kids plus Dele's friend Evan and off we went! We had to stop in Monroe to get a fishing license, so we grabbed some food for our always hungry children. Once we found a place to park and access the river, we unloaded everyone and everything and headed toward the fishing hole! We were a little surprised when we arrived and realized to get to the "good" fishing, we'd have to cross the raging river! Dele tested it out and took the cooler and poles over first. Then he came back and took Kayode, Derek and Sade.
Then poor Dele came back and took Dele and Evan over... thank God Dele is strong, because Dele almost floated away a couple of times! Needless to say, I prayed a TON as my family crossed the raging river!
At first, I refused to cross the incredibly scary river. I didn't want to get all wet... I was wearing jeans and my only pair of tennis shoes for heaven's sake! :) So I sat and watched for a while from a distance! Then, my daughter coerced me to cross so we could enjoy the afternoon as a family! When I got over, Derek and Dele were trying to get the poles ready for fishing!
Dele helped Sade fish for a while... she stood in the river for quite a long time. Unfortunately, she didn't catch anything! We could see the fish jumping, but they never bit her line!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Fishing for Salmon on the Snohomish River
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment