Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Days of School

Sade was the first to go to school in our house. Can you believe she started 8th grade in Arlington? So far she's liking school! She's got some good classes... even leadership! She's looking forward to trying out some sports this year! Voice lessons start next week, and who knows what else she'd like to try out this year.Ayodele was the second child in our house to go to school. He started 3rd grade! I can't get over it...just yesterday he was a baby...wasn't he? Daddy took the picture, but I guess he told him not to "smile fake" so this is what we got... a picture that looks like he's just "So excited to go to school!" :) He really does like his class and his teachers... they're the same as last year, which makes the transition into school a little easier!Derek started school the next day, but refused to let me take his picture because he has zero period weight lifting so he wasn't in his "First day of school" clothes...stinker! After school he has football and was all sweaty and stinky... so no picture! But... he started 10th grade at AHS! WOW! And... the best news is... he likes it! He likes his teachers and he loves football! He's made lots of new friends and is working hard! He hasn't even mentioned going back to MP again... thank goodness!

Kayode was the last one to start school! Kindergarten!!!! I simply cannot get over the fact that my baby started school! I would have loved to have seen him off to his first day of Kindergarten, but the tears would have been streaming down my face and I'm not sure he would have let me leave the classroom! Daddy took him and stayed with him awhile! When I got home from school the first night, I asked him how Kindergarten was (since he was crying the night before and didn't want to go) and he held his arms up and out and said with a smile... "AWESOME!!!!!" I'm so glad!

Another school year begins...can't wait to see what it brings!

No comments: