Monday, January 5, 2009

Is Christmas over already?

We had another terrific Christmas! I think I was more excited about Christmas morning than the kids. I couldn't sleep a wink the night before! I got up and started the cinnamon rolls at 6am and then sat on the couch admiring the tree... I love Christmas morning! The kids started getting up around 7 and by 7:30 we were all up and opening the stockings that Santa had left the kids. As part of our tradition, the kids also get to open their one gift from Santa before we stop to eat our traditional Christmas morning breakfast: homemade cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, bacon, little piggies, and orange juice. Mm mm! Once the kitchen was cleaned up, the rest of Christmas could begin!


Derek got several of the T-shirts he wanted from CCS and a couple pair of jeans...
Sade got a whole bunch of clothes that didn't fit! Needless to say, it was a rough morning... not only did nothing fit, but she didn't get the "one" thing she wanted... an ipod.


Ayodele made out big with tons of Bakugan, clothes and some other toys!
Kayode got some batman figures to go with the Bat Cave he wanted... no Bat Cave yet!
Grandma and Poppa Dick got the family a Wii and a ton of games, so we spent the afternoon playing games! Our favorite family-type game that we played on Christmas day was the Wii Music... there's a bell game on there that we had fun with!
We finished the day eating a yummy mini-Thanksgiving meal and packing for our trip to Arizona to see my dad, Annie, Uncle Jeff & Carter!

No comments: