Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hike to Oak Creek Canyon... Almost!

So today we decided to take a Hike to Oak Creek Canyon! We almost made it! We were about 1/2 mile from the canyon before we decided to turn around. Derek, bless his heart, who didn't want to go anyway, was ready to turn around (besides... I told him it was only a one mile hike...oops!) Plus, Kayode was really tired, and we had to turn around and walk back and I had no intentions of carrying him back! It was a beautiful day and we had nothing better to do, so we ate lunch after church and the loaded up the car and headed for beautiful Red Rock. We found the first parking spot available for hiking and off we went!

The kids, and yes, even Derek... started off with a smile!

Derek brought his Ipod to listen to.
He and Kayode brought up the end of our group most of the time...while Sade & Ayodele lead us up the Mountain and towards the Canyon!Sade only stopped a few times to complain that her stomach hurt...
then she decided that this was so great we should do it every weekend!




The kids were even smiling at the 2 mile marker!
I'm so glad we went on this hike! The sky was so blue and beautiful...
(and yes, I still want to move back to WA!!!)

Derek was so glad he still had a signal on our hike!

Gee... what did we do without cell phones on hikes?

Hmmmm.... maybe enjoy the beauty of the outdoors?

The views were breathtaking!

We ended the hike with smiles too!

What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

I can't wait until next week!

No comments: