Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I know that we're almost half-way through the month of January... but I felt like I couldn't blog about the new year until I shared where we were as the New Year began!!! The kids and I were in Arizona with Papa and Grandma Annie and Dele was deejaying a party. We brought the new year in an hour earlier than most of our family, so we celebrated twice...once in AZ time and once in NV/WA time! The boys spent the afternoon at the park and the girls went shopping. The girls met the boys at the park with lunch and then we went home. After dinner Papa took each of the kids on a tour of the Christmas lights in their golf cart. The big kids even got to drive the golf cart around the neighborhood. Sade was in heaven! She can't wait to drive, so driving the golf cart was like a dream!
After all of the rides were given, we proceeded to play games and eat our way into the New Year! Every hour a new appetizer came out and, of course, we devoured every last bite of each different one. About 10 minutes before our New Year, Papa and Grandma got out the champagne flutes, sparkling cider, hats, poppers, blowers & pots and pans.

Ayodele was hoping he could have some real champagne...

Derek was happy that they bought poppers!!!


Kayode and Papa "blew" in the New Year with lots of noise!!!
We hope everyone has a wonderful 2009...
one that brings happiness, joy and contentment!



No comments: