So, yesterday was Dr. Day at our house for all three kids returning to school on the 25th. We had an appointment at 10:40 for all three kids. By 9am we were finishing showering and eating breakfast so we could leave and run a few "Football" errands before we left; such as, picking up the athletic packet so Derek could have his physical form filled out by the Dr. and picking up an Ad that a company wants run. We signed into the Drs office at 10:20...yes, we were a little early, but I figured since Derek and Ayodele hadn't been in since last year (I thank God daily for my healthy children!!!) I'd have paperwork to fill out! Well... we sat and sat and sat and finally around 11am I was finally asked to pay my co-pay and fill out paperwork which was now on a wireless handheld computer monitor device. Now, realize our appointment was at 10:40 and we'd been there 40 minutes already. The kids were starting to get a little anxious. Finally about 11:15 we got to go back and get weighed and measured. Derek is officially 6'1-1/4" and 130lbs, Sade is 5'7" and 100 lbs & Ayodele is 4'8" and 75lbs. Once they weighed, measured, took temps & blood pressure, they put us in a "temporary room." We finally got into the "Normal" room at around 11:45 and around noon the Dr finally showed up! She's great, but I'm not sure worth an over-an-hour wait with four kids! (At least I didn't have any screaming babies!) Well... we've got three healthy kids, everything looks and sounds good, she said! Before we left, she took a look at shot records... oh... did these kids have a surprise! Derek had 3 shots, Sade had 2 and Ayodele had 1, plus they all had their fingers poked for bloodwork and Derek & Sade have to go back for another shot tomorrow since they'd run out it! Ayodele is definitely the most brave out of the three of them... he just sat there and took his shot like a man!! Derek made funny faces and squeezed my hand for the first two, then manned-up for the 3rd and Sade...well, let's just be reminded she's our princess drama queen and I'm not looking forward to taking her in for one more! I'm just pleased that all is well, that they are all healthy and that we finally got out of there!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment