Wow! I can't believe it's already that time of year already! The kids have new clothes, they've got their supplies and the lunches are packed. The morning began at 5:30 when Derek had to get up to get ready for his first day of High School. He's got a very busy schedule. He's taking Honors English, Honors Algebra, Honors Science, PE, Guitar, Social Studies, Spanish I and Woods. He had his first football scrimmage on Saturday and played defensive corner. He had a great time! He's not so sure about going to school all day (7:00am-1:30pm) and then having football practice for two hours (2:00-4:00pm), but I'm know he'll be fine! Below you'll see a pic of Derek's new shoes.... he loves them and we had to drive all over town to get them!
Go get 'em!
Am I really old enough to have a High School student???
As Derek left for school at 6:30, the morning continued with Sade getting up to get ready for 7th Grade! She was just my little girl yesterday...or so I thought! She's not looking forward to school this year! She'd hoped we'd have moved so she could try a different school, but I keep reassuring her that she'll be fine and that Middle School is hard no matter where you go! Sade is beautiful, talented and set in her beliefs...not something many parents can say! I have faith that this year will be different for her! :) Sade, too, has a very busy schedule this year... Accelerated Math, Accelerated English, Science, PE/Reading, Drama, and US History/Nevada History. She's applied to be a member of the Jr. Honor Society and has a lead role in a Musical at our church that rehearses twice a week until the end of September!
I'm so proud of you!
After Sade walked out the door at 7:30, the morning continued and it was Ayodele's turn to wake up and get ready ! I can't believe he's already in 2nd grade!!! I pray that he has a great year! He's not that into school, so I hope his teacher can help change his attitude about it! Kayode and I walked him out to the bus and then followed the bus to school to help him find where to line up. They all line up outside and say the Flag Salute, have 30 seconds of silence and share a few "Words of Wisdom." I must say, it was stinkin' hot this morning... almost 90 degrees. I can't wait to hear how his first day went!!!
You can do it!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment