Derek was invited to the 8th Grade Awards Night at Grant Sawyer Middle School. The kids and I went and sat through an hour and a half waiting anxiously to see what award Derek received. I am so proud of him! He received an award for exceding the standards on the state reading test. He received a 431 out of 500! Way to Go, Derek!
It was a very nice ceremony. The advanced orchestra performed, the Valedictorian from Durango High School spoke to the kids, next years Durango High School Senior President spoke and all of the teachers and administration were there to show the kids their support and kind words for their preparation for High School! (Can you believe Derek's going to High School?) Only the top kids in his class were invited and I'm so proud that Derek got to be part of such a special event!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
8th Grade Awards Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment