Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gosh... so many things have happened...

I cannot believe it's been over a month since I have last written something here or left pictures memories to go back and see. I need to improve in this area, as I so enjoy going back and looking at pictures of things we've done. Even if this whole blog ends up being only for me, I love it still the same. Hopefully others are enjoying the pics of the family and all that we're up to!

Let's start with the very beginning... we did indeed move! We moved into the very best house on the block! We're living with Jeff & Carter and there is still enough room for the big kids to have their own rooms! This is our new house!


Dele arrived a few days after we moved in and he loves it just as much as we all did! The house is still not as I'd like it, but I try to remind myself that settling in takes time! The best thing about it is that the kids are constantly outside playing! We live on a coul-de-sac and there are tons of neighborhood kids. They are always running around, riding their bikes and playing on the play set in the backyard!

There's even a basketball hoop out front that Dele and Derek play on quite frequently! Derek really wants to make the team this year, so Dele's trying to prepare him! Here's a few pics of them playing ball... they (especially Derek) don't like it when I'm taking pictures of them... they say it's distracting! Whatever!



The kids seem to be adjusting to being in Arlington all right! Ayodele was placed in a "Continuous Progress" class with a teacher that my dad hired when he was a Principal in Arlington so many years ago. It's a great program and it means Dele will be in the same class next year with the same kids and same expectations. He's made some great friends already and loves his class. They did a really cool Solar System program at the end of the year! Dele did a great job and even learned most of the songs! Dele's peeking behind the boy in front with the red/white striped shirt... :)
Sade actually loves her school. The first time since Elementary School!!! She's going to try out for the Volleyball team, maybe Cross Country and the Jazz Choir next year! She's going to be very busy, I just know it! The choir did a concert the last week of school and it was fun for me to be back in Arlington at a school concert! The Jazz was great! (Sade's in the 4th row, 2nd person from the right)

Oh... forgot to mention my birthday! Probably the best one in years!!! Not only were we in a beautiful home with my husband and kids, but my mom, Dick and my grandma surprised me by being here after work! They made me a wonderful steak dinner and bought my favorite Chocolate Mousse Royale Birthday Cake from Baskin & Robbins! Yummy!!! Dele even cut me some beautiful roses from out garden!!! (They're a little wilted because I forgot to take a picture on my birthday! Oops!)

I finished my long-term sub job in Marysville teaching Music on the 16th of June and Derek's last day was the same day! I'm so thankful I had a job while I did, but hope and pray that something good comes up for next year! Since I was already out of school, Dele and I helped with Ayodele's Field Day which was the 17th... his last day of school. We all walked up to the school and helped for a while, then got to spend the rest of the time with Ayodele so he and Kayode could play games! What fun we had!

Derek's ready to go to Arlington. He's been going to weight lifting twice a week for football all ready! Wednesday he got his Driver's Permit, so watch out world... Derek's driving! I took him out yesterday and had to dig my nails out of the side of the car... today was MUCH BETTER!!! I even let him drive me to Haggen to get a treat! :)

The last thing and then we'll be all caught up for now... today Dele woke up and took us all Strawberry picking! Too much fun! The kids ate more than they picked, but we did get almost 10 pounds of berries! Yummy! Of course, they're almost all gone all ready! I guess we'll just have to go again! :) We're counting the days until we can go blueberry picking... that's our favorite!!!



Summer's here and the kids are loving it in Arlington!!! What more could we ask? Until the next time...

No comments: